Friday, January 21, 2011

Silver and Gold

Yesterday I met a perfectly beautiful baby girl born to one of my oldest and dearest friends. This is especially exciting, because for as long as I've known her, Lindsay has wanted a family. I can't even begin to tell you how many times we played "House"! Seeing her last night in the hospital with her husband and baby brought back a flood of memories, it's crazy how quickly the last 17 years have gone by!

I met Lindsay when I moved to Renton, just before the 5th grade, and both of our first impressions were "wow, that girl has weird eyes". Despite that we became pretty good friends and I was lucky enough to be her neighbor, her house was right behind mine :)

(In case you're wondering... We are in the back of a truck mooning someone.)

Lindsay looks the same. Thank God I don't.

I remember countless sleepovers, hours of Sega and Nintendo, boy talk, dressing up, talks over the back fence, accidentally flinging her into a bird cage (Sorry Lins), making fun of sweaty teachers, 7-11 nachos, sneaking out, church boys, green hair, kidnap attempts, lazy pool time, and of course... Playing house. There's a type of friendship that you can only get from knowing someone for years and years, and I feel so lucky to have that with not only Lindsay, but the rest of my girls too.

Love them


I wish I could make this bigger... :(


After all the ups and downs I've seen Lindsay take, I can't begin to explain how happy I am to see her married to a man who adores her, and the mother of a beautiful girl named Chelsea.



Congrats my friend!

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet!! I'm so excited for her and Reid. They are going to be fantastic parents! And I'm going to love getting to know that adorable little Chelsea! She's so lucky to have you as a lifelong friend... and so am I!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Linds and Reid!

    ReplyDelete