Sunday, January 2, 2011

I Was Tagged!

11 Things About Me:
 1. I didn't have a TV growing up. We got one when I was nine. To this day I'm not big on it.

2. I prefer stick shifts
 
3. I very clearly remember that as a kid I didn't want to grow up because I didn't want to have to pay taxes. What the heck? I think someone left the news on during election time.
 
4. I refer to myself as being blonde no matter what color my hair is.
 
5. I have dual citizenship in the US and El Salvador.
 
6. For some reason I can never remember my hair appointments correctly. I either show up too early or on the wrong day completely. It's weird.
 
7. My natural hair color is red and light brown.

8. I have the most messed up dreams! Describing my nightmares to people have actually given them nightmares. I think I should write them down and sell them.

9. I'm totally beauty challenged. I just learned what foundation primer was for like, a week ago.

10. I get over things really easily. But when I'm mad -  watch out!

11. People are always surprised when they find out my heritage. But my body type is totally Middle Eastern and I look just like the people of El Salvador. Just, you know, white.


1. What made you choose your career? Was it what you thought you wanted to be when you grew up?
I just started working somewhere new about a month ago, and I just fell into it. I actually wanted to be a photographer and work for National Geographic. Travel around and take pictures of things most people don't get to see.

2. Do you have any body modifications ( tats, piercings , ect) and what is your favorite one?
I have three tattoos and four piercings. My lower back piercing WAS my favorite, but I had to take it out. I had it for three years, but it randomly started getting angry one day. Hurt like a B!

3. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Every year my family would go camping at Lake Wentachee two or three times a summer for about a ten day stretch. We would lay around in the sun, go swimming, jet skiing, hiking... My brother would catch fish in the mornings and my mom and I would clean them (I'm a total tomboy at heart). We'd sit around the fire and play cards at night. I loved it. We still try to make it out every year, it's my happy place.
 
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
 I want to go everywhere! Lately I've been more interested in places like the Amazon and Africa. Places that are completely different from what I've experienced this far.
 
5. How long does it take you to get ready for work in the morning?
Ugh! Depends on if I wash my hair or not. About 45 minutes if I don't and a hour and a half if I do.
 
6. What is your biggest regret in life thus far?
Getting married at 18. I don't talk about it much and I HATE it when people bring it up. I don't recommend marrying someone you don't know very well.
 
7.  What was the dumbest thing you have done that should have killed you, but didn't?
Hmm... Interesting question! I'm definitely a risk taker, but none of the things I do are designed to kill me :) I think the dumbest thing I've done is drive after drinking. I know better.
 
8. What is the scariest thing you have ever had to do?
Visit my brother in the hospital. Is that weird? I've been skydiving, been shot at, had my life threatened, gotten divorced, been stalked, moved away from everyone I know; but none of them terrified me more than seeing my brother in the TICU after getting in an accident. Holy crap. It's been over four years, and to this day it still gets me.
 
9. If you could swap places with anyone for the day, who would it be?
 I went back and forth on this one. Someone tall. Someone rich. Someone who lived on a beach in Mexico. But I have to go with my sister. She's disabled and I think it would make me appreciate the freedom I have in my life. Plus I think she'd like it too.
 
10. What is your favorite dish to cook/bake?
Right now it's my apple cup pies. They take a long time, but they are adorable and delicious! 
 
11. What is the most you have ever paid for a pair of jeans?
Haha. I don't know if I want to tell you that! Let's just say I have a pair of Rock and Republic jeans I got when I worked at Nordstrom. They were $300 before my discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment