Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Zombies. The Most American Way to Celebrate!

Whew. This weekend really wore me out.

Friday night B and I met a few friends for drinks and karaoke at the divest of dive bars in North Seattle. Between the one armed man, the cowboy, the couple getting frisky in the bathroom, and the lady of the night, we had an amazing people watching opportunity. I absolutely love a good dive bar, and we kept it classy all night with PBR and jello shots. If you happen to be in the North Seattle/Aurora area, I highly recommend Head or Tails.

Saturday we met up with friends for the 2011 Red, White and Dead Zombie Walk in Freemont.

Thirsty Zombs.
Follow the Brain on the Stick.

Brains...

Protesters

My favorite

There were some amazing costumes, they put our hard work to shame.We were pretty inspired by some of the zombies, and will definitely be stepping up our Z game for next year.

Sunday we jetted off to a friends birthday where they made a game of blind tasting stouts and porters. My favorite of the night wound up being Dicks Cream Stout. And not just for the name. Unfortunately we left before the tasting was over (or maybe fortunately since I had to drive). 

There is only one thing that can pull me away from free beer, and that is more zombies. My favorite theater (Central Cinema) was playing one of my favorite movies, Shaun of the Dead. That is just too much awesome to pass up. Central Cinema plays older movies for $5-8, and serve beer, wine, and food for pretty reasonable prices. The next amazing show is the Goonies. Again, I highly recommend it. 

The 4th we spent with my family. I stuffed my face and chased my niece around. Let's be honest, she's the reason we all show up these days :)

Brennan and Aunt Carly

Definitely related
After the family bbq Brady and I decided to scrap the fireworks and headed home for some last minute relaxation before starting the week. Just recapping that makes me want to take a nap!

What did you do this weekend?

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh Zombies. Mike is always killing zombies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it with zombies these days? They're everywhere.

    I only go to family parties for the nieces and nephews too. The other side of the family is bit boring without them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister did the Zombie days too! I wish I lived closer to do these kind of things :( I am glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete