Monday, July 18, 2011

Sometimes There's Airplanes I Can't Jump Out...

Sometimes there's bullshit that don't work now
We are God of stories, but please tell me
What there is to complain about?

I love that song, and it's very fitting for the past weekend.

Friday night I had some much needed catch up/girl time with my good friend Lindsi.I'm embarrassed to tell you how long it has been since we got together, just the two of us, but I plan on keeping that from being a trend. Hear that Lins?

Saturday wound up being a very busy day. Some friends of ours are moving to Philly and they had their going away party at Golden Gardens, one of my all time favorite Seattle spots. Despite the morning rain it wound up being a beautiful day to bbq and drink liquids out of plastic cups. Our friends have a gorgeous purebred Husky that my puppy got to play with... although as you can see from the picture Kyzer is a bit monstrous in comparison.

Lacoda and Kyzer. He's got about 65lbs on her.

After the bbq Brady and I jetted off to our friend Katie's birthday in Freemont. About 90% of the bar was there for her celebration, and we were having awesome time hanging out with friends; but Brady and I were scheduled to go skydiving at 9:00 the next morning so we called it an early night. Unfortunately our jump was canceled due to weather conditions. Boo! So we decided to catch the 9:45 showing of Harry Potter instead. Two words: Ah Mazing! I was sad to see the series come to a close, but they I think they did an excellent job bringing the books to life. Of course now I want to watch them all over again, beginning to end. Anyone up for a HP marathon?

After the movie I sat around in sweats without even attempting to get pretty. Ugh, so not like me. Has anyone else notice the weather starting to suck them dry like a dementor?

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I haven't gotten to see the new movie yet, but I heard it was fantastic.
    I would totally go for a marathon, although, I think we could only manage 2-3 at a time!

    Sorry about your cancelled jump, but glad you had a good weekend anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear that you and Lindsi were able to get together, sounds like you both enjoyed it! That sucks about your jump but then again it is Seatle and us Seattle people know there is no counting on the weather lol. Your pup is so darn cute, I love how big he is!

    ReplyDelete