Friday, July 15, 2011

Susie Homemaker

I don't know what's gotten in to me lately. I'm in full on Leave it to Beaver style cooking mode. I've made homemade spaghetti sauce (found here), banana cream pie, and a bunch of other foods found here. Lately I've been craving summery pastas so I decided to make one that suits my tastes. It was delicious and super easy (easier than it looks). I don't measure when I cook, but below is what I came up with as you can see there's lot of room to add or decrease ingredients depending on your personal preference:

Basil/Gorgonzola/Walnut/Chicken/Tomato/Garlic Pasta
Cut 10ish grape cherries in half and set aside
Slice a handful of basil and set aside
Roughly cut 4-5 cloves of garlic, you want them to be larger than you think Don't worry it won't have that "WOW GARLIC" flavor.
Cube chicken breast, salt and pepper to taste.
Throw chicken in a frying pan and cook on medium until juices run clear or you wind up cutting it in half to make sure there's no pink. I'm paranoid like that.
While the chicken is cooking boil water and cook your choice of pasta according to package instructions. I used penne, and about half the box.
The chicken will be ready before the pasta.
In a small pan saute garlic chunks in olive oil (I used about 2 shot glasses worth) until garlic turns light brown edges. Remove from heat immediately and set aside. (This gives the olive oil a garlic taste and removes the strong bite from the actual cloves)
Drain cooked pasta and mix with the chicken, basil, tomatoes, and garlic-olive oil creation. Then because I was feeling crazy I added a generous handful of gorgonzola and walnuts. Mix up and dive in.

Seriously Amazing
For dessert Brady helped me make these adorable babies:

Apple Cup Pies

Yummy :)
You can find the recipe here

The problem with all this cooking is now I have more leftovers than I can keep up with!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! It seems as if your inner housewife is awakening! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I LOVE pasta, I swear I could live off nothing but a good pasta! The first one looks the most delish to me so I will probably try that one this weekend! I never measure when I cook either, I call it guestimating ;) Glad you are enjoying cooking, I bet Brady doesnt complain :)

    ReplyDelete