Thursday, July 14, 2011

Just a Number

Monday was Brady's 28th birthday!

We typically go out for special occasions and save presents for Christmas,  mostly because in the past we were both stretching pennies. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than ok with that; even though we aren't married we've always been in it "for richer or poorer". This year I was afraid that with his work and hectic summer social events his birthday might just slip by without something really memorable. So I did what any girlfriend would do, surprised him with a trip SKYDIVING! We are going Sunday morning, and the weather should be perfect :)

Since Brady's work schedule is still pretty busy we decided to have a quiet dinner at home on his actual birthday, and to try and properly celebrate it later. Of course me being who I am, I turned "small simple dinner" into grilled ribeyes, a pound of grilled scallops, kale salad, and banana pudding pie (from scratch, none of that pudding from a box crap). Delicious! I was going to take a picture, but we scarfed it down before I remembered. Then we drank a bunch of beers and watched the A Team. We have a pretty good time when it's just the two of us.

Brady is exactly one month older than I am, and I had a moment of "holy crap, we're getting old!" (love you honey). It also made me think back to when we started dating at 23, and when we met at 10. There's definitely something to be said about someone you've known for 18 years, and been in love with for 5. All my life I've heard that over time passion dims and people grow apart, but so far they've been proven wrong. For me it's only gotten better. It probably has a lot to do with Brady being so damn awesome. Love you BAF.

Here's us through the years, also known as an excuse to dig up old pictures:

2006 Pumpkins
Be Jealous!
2007
:)
2008

2009

2010 - Mixing it up by being on the left

2011 - We did not age well...

Any given day.

Crap I got off topic again. What I really want to say is: Happy birthday BAF, thanks for being born! and putting up with me all these years :)

2 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to have eachother! I love that last picture, it speaks for itself! Happy birthday BAF! And take pics of the sky divin' will ya!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap! I have always wanted to go skydiving! That is an amazing present!

    ReplyDelete