Friday, June 17, 2011

Once Upon a Time in Mexico

Hello! Did you know I went to Mexico for Memorial weekend? It was the annual girls trip with my Life Partner, Lisa.  It was lovely. Here's the skinny:

Highlights:

ATVs
Befriending a Mexican biker gang
Convincing an entire bar to play flip cup
Sun, sun, sun, sun
Serious girl time
Day drinking
Dancing every night
Playin with 200 year old bones
Getting the VIP treatment at the hotel (they knew us by name, gave us free drinks, and fixed my camera for free!*)

Low Points:

Falling off the ATV and getting it taken away from me
Food poisoning
*Friend dropping my camera in the pool
Having to come home

Best REMEMBERED Quotes:

Our safe word is: Banana Hammock

Talons and Beak. A bar or an indie band?

C: Is it me, or does it smell like Ikea in here?

C: Dibs on death!

C: Do you think the strippers are working to pay for their braces?

C: "You’re a hunchback short person"... that transcends languages

L: I feel really classy drinking beers we stole in the back alley of the back alley market

Guy: Since you have a blonde with you, it’s two for one

On the plane:
Lisa and Carly try to plan out first day in Cabo
C: What should we do when we get there?
L: What time do we land?
L looks at airline schedule and checks time zone differences. Carly points out El Salvador on the map. Lisa pulls out her Time magazine to show Carly the gang murder rate for El Salvador. Carly tells Lisa about MS13 gang initiation. Both sigh and look out the window…  30 seconds passes and we realize we were trying to make plans for Cabo. Start over.

L: They’re so gooey together!

C: It’s actually painful to watch you put on clothes

C: I only have so many because my cat steals them

CAT IN JEANS

Guy is walking by our table – Lisa says, “My best friend is a lesbian…” Guy turns around, walks back and goes, “I’m sorry. Your best friend is a what?!”

C: It’s something for your yard. You know, like a lawn gnome or a shy yeti…

Dancing in the pool is a must
The view you get for $60 a night.
This guy lived up to his outfit and protected me from a street fight.

BONES!

Bikers are so friendly
I wish I were here now.
Planking. An international phenomenon 
We have a hard time making friends


Sand burn from falling off the ATV


Until next time

1 comment:

  1. Is that a skinny Nacho Libre? Looks like a blast. I'll come with in your large duffle next time.

    ReplyDelete