Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 05 → Something you hope to do in your life.

A while back I had decided to try the 30 Days of Truth. Then I got stumped on day 3 and 4. You are supposed to blog about what you need to forgive yourself and someone else for, but for me forgiveness means moving forward, not dwelling. In the spirit of that I've decided to skip to day 5 instead.

I know this might sound silly, but I've always wanted to have a family. I know, I know, I make comments about never wanting to get married and jokes about how kids are gross:



But I don't mean any of it.

I've always felt that my life would feel a little less full without having a family of my own, and no other desired experience has made me feel that way. Maybe it's because I've already done so much or maybe it's because I want to heal the hurt of my own shitty childhood. Whatever it is I want to be a mom, a wife, a grandma and no amount of travel, plane jumping, houses, or money can fill that space.

5 comments:

  1. I appreciate your honesty! And I always secretly knew that you wanted some little babes of your own! I have a feeling that dream will be fulfilled :)
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand that and think you would be a great mom. It will happen for you and it will be grand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with the girls - when it does happen, I have no doubt that you will be GREAT at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me happy :) And, kids are gross so that won't change when you do have them, he he he!

    ReplyDelete