Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Hawaii/What I love about myself

I love to travel. If you can't tell :)
Look familiar?
Hawaii was relaxing, lazy, and fun. Most days were spent lazing around on the beach with my gentleman caller, both of us just soaking up the vitamin D.
I had glittery sunscreen so I could be like the Cullens




 It was nice spending time with Brady's family, too. I got to know them on a more relaxed and intimate level, although I was never quite comfortable enough to poop when they were around... (TMI? Nah.)
Here's a pretty picture so you forget I mentioned poop.

We did get out and about a few times. Brady and I actually worked out (once), I went running (also once), we hiked up Diamond Head, and went swimming with sharks. That last activity was probably my favorite part. It was a bumpy and fun boat ride 3 miles out from shore, the sun was hot, the water was cool, and there were 8-9 foot sharks and a 6-7 foot barracuda up close and personal.

This actually reminded me of what I love most about myself, so I thought I'd incorporate my Day 2 of Truth:

(Gchat convo)
Me: I went swimming with sharks, that was pretty cool.
JulieCummings: Sharks?!
Don't most people swim with dolphins?
Me: Yeah, probably.

When faced  with potentially dangerous/scary situations or the times when things get rough, I'm able to look it in the eye and shrug. I've been through worse, it could always be worse, and I won't let it get in the way of me. I also have such a naturally high level of excitement and optimism that there's very little room to be scared. Not about skydiving, not about moving thousands of miles from my friends and family, not about losing everything I had. Don't get me wrong, I get down and worried like other people do, but it doesn't last long. For the most part I throw myself wholeheartedly into life. And I love that about myself!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh Hawaii sounds SO wonderful right now. JEALOUS! And you are nutso! I'm SO afraid of sharks.. seriously. That's one of the reasons I don't like being in the open water... of the ocean anyway. But... that is also one of the things I admire about you, you are fearless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you had me cracking up about the poop. If it were Mexico you would've gotten over that real fast because everybody would have to poop.

    I wish I were fearless. I'm a worry wort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah ha, you crack me up! It looks like you had a awesome time! I havent been to Hawaii since Jerimiah was 3 months old so a little over six years. You are a lucky girl! Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete