Thursday, February 10, 2011

The B Word.


Well it’s official, I have a boyfriend.



 While a year and a half without one might not seem like a big deal, the fact that my new boyfriend is really my old boyfriend is a big deal to me. Brady and I broke up for a variety of reasons that I’m not going to get into, but even after all the time apart he was still the only one I wanted to be with. Luckily for me, he felt the same way.



I first met Brady when I moved to Renton. We were ten and he lived in the house across the street from me. Surprisingly, we were not immediately attracted to each other.

                                  Go figure

Over the years we lost touch. One day I was bored and watching The Hot Chick at home and I realized Mathew Lawrence looked a lot like Brady.

I still think so.

I decided to look him up on Myspace and see how things were going (that’s right Myspace). My first thought when I pulled up his profile was “holy hell, Brady got HOT”

Hot

Talking online eventually became talking in person. The picture below is from one of our first hangouts. Getting a little handsy there, aren’t ya Brady?

After we broke up we didn’t see much of each other until a friend’s housewarming party. All night long I only wanted to be right next to him, I didn’t want to leave, and I knew that I would always feel this way. I knew that he was meant for me.
Said night:

Brady is smart, quite a bit smarter than I think people realize (it’s the curse of the pretty face). He works HARD at his job and for the things he wants in life, and he does it without complaining. 


Brady is good to his family, and he respects his parents. He also respects my family and makes an effort to be a part of it. 


He is the only guy I’ve know who will resolve problems by talking them out without losing his cool, even when I start repeating myself. Even when I’m being totally irrational (it happens). 


He likes to do things with me, including hot yoga; but he also gives me my independence, which I value just as much. 


He dances with me in the living room to slow songs.
















                He is willing to go camping with my family, even though they’re crazy; and go hiking up mountains on his only day off. 







We joke and goof around, we decompress from our days, we support each other in tough times. I love him completely. Oh, and he absolutely adores me too.











You're still here? Thank you for reading my mushy love note. Sorry about the formatting, I did this one my lunch break!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! I am glad you found your way back to each other when the time was right.
    Congrats on the 'new' old boyfriend.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet post Carly!! I love that you have pics of when you were 10 together! I used to have a super crush and Matthew Lawrence too and Brady... he is a good real life substitute. Rawr! Congrats on Lockin this one in.

    ReplyDelete