Friday, February 25, 2011

El Salvador Day 1

Hello! I'm back, did you miss me? Let me start by saying that I don't particularly like snow to begin with (yeah, I know, admitting that makes me an outcast) but flying in from 80+ heat into a snow storm makes me like snow even less. Not even being able to make it to my own house for the night because of the weather makes me down right angry at the cold white stuff.  Brrr! It's cold here. Anyway, on to my mini adventure:

Flying from Seattle to El Salvador is NOT a 6 hour flight like I told myself, but luckily I had a layover in Houston where I met up with my dad. Well, that's not exactly true... I met up with him on the plane. In the airport I was too busy in the Duty Free store to pay attention to him trying to call me...

The first night we stayed at a hotel by the airport. El Sal is not one of the safest countries out there, and no one wanted to pick us up after dark. We went to dinner at the hotel and gorged on ceviche, pupusas (traditional Salvadoran dish, I'll make if for you someday), and beer. Then we shared a bottle of wine and talked about life, politics and other things we generally disagree on. The nice thing about my dad is that we can have completely different view points, but still respect each others opinions... As long as you can back them up.

Afterwards we decided to get a nightcap at the hotel bar. Next thing you know it's 3ish and we have to be up by 7:00. Ooops. Off to bed we go.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you made it there safe! And...this picture of you two is Great!

    ReplyDelete