Friday, September 16, 2011

Lies I Tell You!

So I was driving around earlier thinking about gum and swings. It was a nice break from what normally goes through my head, which is things like puppies, rainbows and the future zombie apocalypse

Not crazy. Prepared.

Suddenly I remembered being in daycare and not being allowed to chew gum. It was banned because there wasn't enough pieces in a pack to share with the whole group. As a kid this made sense, but as a full grown adult daydreaming about bubblegum I realized it was a LIE. What the hell? That doesn't make any sense at all. I totally get not wanting a bunch of 4 year olds chewing gum, but saying it's because there isn't enough for everyone just makes no sense. What if I had brought a plethra of gum? Would we all be blowing bubbles on the swings? I think not.

It's times like this I really worry about... me. Why am I so bothered by this? I have no idea. Also, as I type this I realize that drinking a grande cup of coffee THREE HOURS ago still has me jittery. As bonus I have super awesome thoughts running through my head, unfortunately they're gone before I can remember them. And that is why you get a post about gum and zombies today.

No comments:

Post a Comment