Thursday, August 11, 2011

It's My Birthday!

I am 28 today! Every year I groan about "oh I'm getting so old", but it's for show. I feel better about myself with every year that goes by. Seriously.

Yesterday a guy, I would guess that he was in his late teens, asked me how old I was. I told him I was turning 28 and he replied "Really?! WOW, you look GREAT!" and shook his head in disbelief. I've gotten this response numerous times, and I always ask what exactly they think someone in their twenties is supposed to look like. Am I supposed to be old and haggard by now? Boobs to my ankles and grey hair? Either way, I'll take the compliment with a laugh.

Three years ago my youngest cousin asked me on my birthday if I was turning 30. My response was "WHAT? No, I'm only 25 this year." He shrugged and said "same thing". I guess age is a bit subjective.

28 and still kickin'

PS: yes my office has become a place for random storage. Oh well.

4 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Happy Birthday to you! I hope it was a wonderful day. Beautiful hair by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Happy birthday sweetie! I hope it was wonderful. And yes, you don't look a day over 25.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you!! It is true that I feel better with age, too. Except maybe not physically, I feel old and rickety when I try to bend over. Ha ha. Anyway, I hope you had a wonderful day...and we need to get together soon!! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed this one! Happy belated birthday. Hope you celebrated like any '25' year old would ;) I don't even remember what that is...

    ReplyDelete